Become an Insurance Trailblazer
Build confidence; develop resilience; challenge the imposter syndrome; develop your leadership style
In partnership with:
Gather with other aspiring women leaders to build confidence in your skills and understand and articulate your value. Gain key insights, strategies and takeaways to develop your career in the insurance industry and be ready to make that next career move – and the one after that.
Key Learning Objectives
- Get clear about the value of your work and what it does for the industry
- Get out of your own way by challenging ‘The Imposter Syndrome’
- Say “Yes” to opportunities before you’re ready because you understand how to take leaps of faith
- Be comfortable being uncomfortable and how it expands your knowledge
- Learn from a senior market figure how she took her own leaps of faith
- Make a strong, compelling business case for taking that next leadership step
09:30 Understand & challenge the Imposter Syndrome
- Taking your mistakes in stride and acting “before you’re ready”
- Nurturing your inner confidence
10:45 Morning Tea/Coffee
11:00 Articulate your value to boost confidence and gain traction
- Understand key definitions and concepts
- Identify holistically your current and future position in your organisation
1:30 How to ASK for what you want in a compelling way
- Your business case for taking that next leadership step
2:45 Afternoon Tea/Coffee
3:00 The Road to Success – interview with a key market leader
- An interview with a key figure in the insurance industry and gain some takeaways from a woman who made a career for herself in the insurance industry.
3:45 Actions; lessons; commitments & next steps
- Create a narrative of the leader you want and need to be to become future ready
- Manage and master your time to avoid burnout and over-working
4:30 Workshop close
Kay White, Smart Career Moves Mentor for Career Women, KayWhite.com
Kay White is known as The Smart Career Moves Mentor for Corporate Women and is the Author of two Number 1 best-selling books (The A to Z of Being Understood AND It’s Always Your Move). Kay shows experienced corporate career women how to own and leverage their skills, value and experience so they more confidently navigate their career paths towards promotion, more recognition and more rewards (all without losing themselves along the way).
Drawing upon the highs and lows of her own +20-year corporate experience in insurance broking at Willis, London (starting as a Secretary and leaving as a Divisional Director) Kay brings her passion and experience for the energy of language, the art of influence and persuasion and making strategic, considered career moves to her clients. As Kay says, “I show career women how – and why - to take the steering wheel and drive their own career bus”.